Information We Collect
If you choose to use the Services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on our user interfaces, including on the website. Once you register on the website, you are no longer anonymous to us.
We collect and store the following information:
- Information you give us, including, contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, and similar contact data;
- Access credentials such as passwords, password hints, and similar security information unused for authentication and account access.
- Automatic information, such as computer sign-on data, browser type, browser language, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our user interfaces and ad data. Like many websites, we use identifiers such as “cookies” and Web beacons to obtain this automatic information.
- Location data, which may be precise or imprecise. Precise location data may be Global Position System (GPS) data and/or data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
- discussion board posts and other messages, including your correspondence with us. Our communications will include notices about your account (for example, change in password or payment method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and information concerning or related to our service. These communications are part of your relationship with the website and you receive them as part of the the website membership. If you or your store’s customers do not want to receive our emailed newsletters, other promotional announcements or non-transactional communications, simply use your account name and password to access the control panel on the website and disable any email notifications sent to you or your customers. Email notifications sent by the website’s community forums can be adjusted or disabled via the community forums control panel.
- general information regarding the Services that you have registered to receive; and
- information from third-party providers and services to help the website provide the Services and to help us understand the use of the Services.
We do not store the following information in the regular course of our business:
- credit card information and billing addresses.
Our Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- provide and improve our the Services;
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- verify users’ identity and the information users provide;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- customize users’ experience, analyze site usage, improve and measure interest in the Services, and inform users about other services and updates;
- communicate administrative announcements when we need to provide users with information that may affect their use of the Services;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers and events to our users;
- provide customer service; and
- perform other business activities as described when we collect the information.
As part of your registration on our website to use the Services, our website, you agree that you may receive certain administrative communications from us, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding Services and products during the period that we provide Services to you. You may not opt out of receiving such administrative communications.
The website’s user interfaces use credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Services.
Our website also uses automatic information obtained through cookies and Web beacons to operate and improve. We may also use automatic information alone or in combination with personal information about our customers to provide personalized information about the website.